Encore is currently seeking a PRN Rehab Technician/Aide for our SNF in Terre Haute, IN.
- Previous Rehab Tech experience in SNF preferred.
- Position would be 8-10 hours/week
Assists the licensed physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, registered occupational therapist, certified occupational therapy assistant and speech-language pathologist as directed in the provision of services to ensure that quality care is being provided to each patient. Reports to licensed therapists, program manager or rehabilitation team coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists with resident treatments assigned by the licensed therapist. (Only unskilled and non-billable assistance can be provided.)
2. Prepares residents for treatment as instructed by supervising therapist.
3. Transports residents to and from the Rehabilitation Department for scheduled treatments in a timely and safe manner as requested.
4. Assists with and participates in quality assurance programs as required.
5. Adheres to established confidentiality standards per Clerical Authorization access as defined in the HIPAA policy and procedure manual.
6. Follows management direction.
7. Performs the operation of rehabilitation equipment for which training has been received and competency demonstrated.
8. Communicates orally or in writing with clarity and accuracy.
9. Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
10. Performs department secretarial functions as directed.
11. Maintains appropriate relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
12. Confers formally or informally with other team members in coordinating the administrative functions of patient care.
13. Attends required meetings and in-services.
14. Maintains department in neat, clean, orderly and safe manner.
15. Assists with setting up treatment areas by:
16. Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule, maintaining work efficiency during assigned shift.
17. Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
18. Assists in orienting new rehabilitation technicians to company and facility policies and procedures.
19. Works cooperatively in group situations.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or currently enrolled in a therapy program (e.g., PTA school or COTA school) or as qualified by state statutes regulating PT, OT and ST aides.
2. High school diploma or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED) or as required by state statutes.
3. Ability to understand instruction and execute assigned tasks.
4. Ability to apply principles of rational systems to solve problems and work with a variety or variables and to interpret instruction presented in various formats.
5. Proficient in various software applications including MS Windows, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
6. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both orally and in writing with al levels of management and staff.