Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Encore Rehab’s Preventative Measures and Actions
To: Our Valued Customer
From: Clare Coleman, President and COO
I wanted to take a moment and connect with you as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our company employees, you as our customer and your employees, and most importantly the residents in the facilities we both serve. The wellbeing and safety of all is our top priority and will always be at the heart of every decision we make. We are committed to actively keeping you updated on preventative practices and preparedness plans as recommended by the CDC, as well as try to answer any and all questions you may have. As this unfolds we will be making decisions and adjustments to the way we live and work. In addition to the infection control policies implemented by Encore, rest assured we will also follow any specific policies you have implemented in your individual facility(s).
The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak is evolving each day and like all of you, we are taking action to prepare and protect our business and yours. As the global landscape continues to shift, we remain focused on the wellbeing of our employees, our customers, and our residents we treat for therapy. Taking care of our customers, employees and those that we service is at the center of everything we do, so I want to assure you that our teams are focused on proactive steps to help reinforce strong business practices as this continues. To that point, we have provided information and guidance to our employees as listed below:
- Facility visits by regional and support services staff are temporarily suspended, however, communication with our employees and facility administration remains key. Conference calls, Zoom training meetings and email communication will continue as a means of providing support to the therapy teams.
- Regional and support service offices will not be closed – but it is recommended that employees work from home to help eliminate the spread of this virus – through social distancing.
- All group therapy treatment sessions have been stopped, and we are practicing social distancing by seeing the therapy patients one-on-one in their rooms or in areas of the facility. If the residents do come to the therapy gym, we are distancing them from the others. If you would prefer that we don’t take therapy patients to the gym at all, we will certainly abide by that directive.
- Sick employees are being told to stay home. Employees are required to notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick. (Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness should stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever – 100.4˚F/37.8˚C or greater using an oral thermometer – following CDC guidelines.)
- Employees must follow all facility policies regarding facility access, i.e. completing questionnaires, having temperatures monitored, etc. In addition, we are following facility procedures for treating “high risk” patients and following all facility infection control guidelines.
- Employees have been instructed in proper hand washing hygiene, as well as guidance on the use of hand sanitizers, and regarding routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, doorknobs and therapy equipment. We have asked them to “double down” on their sanitizing and cleaning procedures. Employees were resent Encore’s infection control policies and we instructed the TPMs to obtain a copy of your policies as well.
Encore is following the recommendations of the CDC on using basic contact precautions to prevent the spread of this disease. We also are staying up to date with the CDC recommendations as they continue to change, as well as information from local and state health departments, and are following their guidance.
Encore is committed to following the policies of our facility partners in relation to limiting or restricting all non-essential visitors as well as potentially limiting staff from entering the facility. Encore will abide by these facility policies to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to residents and staff.
This is an unsettling time with so much changing from day to day. Encore is committed to ensuring we are providing you, your employees, your residents and our therapists a safe place to work as well as with all the information you need to stay informed. We also want to ensure the health and safety of our residents by staying calm, using good common sense, and above all else following the prevention guidelines in this letter.