Our Clinical Advantage
As a leading provider of rehab therapy services to long-term care centers, Encore Rehabilitation recognizes the importance of therapy training and education for our employees, our clients, and our company.
Our goal is to ensure that Encore Rehabilitation therapists receive the highest caliber training and continuing education to assure that they have the knowledge and skills necessary to consistently maintain and improve patient care. Our Continuous Quality Improvement department works to educate and train our staff to achieve the best possible clinical outcomes.
We have a commitment to continuing education for all staff. We set high standards of excellence with equal prioritization of patient-centered treatment, documentation, and claims submission.
Encore Rehabilitation offers:
Educational Programs – Our Educational Reimbursement program, a standard full-time employee benefit, is designed to encourage professional advancement and competence.
Employee Orientation – Each new therapist completes a comprehensive orientation process upon hire.
Clinical Documentation - Encore utilizes an advanced web-based software program called Optima Therapy. This system captures all clinical documentation and billing for the therapist. Comprehensive system training is provided.
Program Development – Encore offers training on enhanced facility program offerings utilizing advanced modalities equipment including Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) and VitalStim®.
Medicare Guidelines – We keep therapists and clients current to the latest CMS initiatives through educational calls, e-mails, webinars, and bulletins in order to assist with navigating the complex world of Medicare guidelines.
ICD-10 Coding / CPT Coding – Regular updates are provided to assist the therapist in understanding the requirements of coding.
Denials Management – Continuous documentation and system reviews ensure clean claim processing.
All Encore Rehabilitation staff receive formalized written protocols and are trained in the following areas designed to enhance success in today’s reimbursement and regulatory environment:
- Clinical in-services for each discipline are conducted monthly.
- The MDS and its effect on reimbursement, including understanding of ADL scoring.
- The proper use of CPT codes, modifiers and edits.
- All service delivery requirements associated with PDPM.
- The HCFA quality indicators and the role that therapy plays in achieving successful surveys.
- The role of therapy in a long-term care environment.
- Documentation requirements to meet Medicare and state survey standards.
- Restorative nursing programs.
- Individual goals of your facility.