An Open Letter from Encore Rehabilitation Services CEO, Linda Shackelford
Encore Rehabilitation is committed to excellence and integrity in all areas of our business. One of the keys to our success is our corporate rehab compliance program which focuses on prevention, detection, and deterrence of potential “wrong doing” through education, auditing, and monitoring. To further the commitment to doing it right the first time and success of our program, all employees of Encore Rehabilitation - full-time, part-time, and PRN - are expected to adhere to the Code of Ethical Conduct related to compliance in their daily interactions with patients, colleagues, other health professionals, students, other trainees, and the public. The principles have been derived from federal, state, and local laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures, and generally accepted principles of ethical conduct. The code of ethical conduct is not intended to dictate behavior. It does, however, establish minimum expectations which provide a disciplinary framework for staff, and it serves to remind everyone of Encore Rehabilitation’s commitment to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Our commitment to doing it right the first time is communicated through educational initiatives which assist all staff in conducting business in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations to the highest standards of ethical behavior. Encore Rehabilitation strives to keep up to date with the ever-changing complex health care regulatory environment and prides itself on its efforts to help ensure that billing practices meet all standards imposed by law, regulation, and policy.
Finally, Encore Rehabilitation believes that employees should express their problems, concerns, and opinions on any issue and feel that their views are important; therefore, our non-retaliation policy encourages employees to communicate problems, concerns, and opinions without fear of retaliation or retribution. This is accomplished through an open door reporting policy, an anonymous reporting mechanism, commitment to good faith reporting, and disciplinary action for any retribution, retaliation, or harassment activity.
We thank you for your commitment to doing it the Encore Rehabilitation way, the right way the first time.
Encore Rehabilitation's Compliance Program seeks to:
- Maintain and enhance quality of care
- Demonstrate sincere, ongoing efforts to comply with all applicable laws
- Review, revise, and clarify policies and procedures in order to enhance compliance
- Enhance communications with governmental entities with respect to compliance activities
- Empower all responsible parties to prevent, detect, respond to, report and resolve conduct that does not conform to applicable laws, regulations, rules, and Encore Rehabilitation’s Code of Conduct
- Establish mechanisms for employees to raise questions and concerns about compliance issues and ensure those concerns are appropriately addressed
Encore Rehabilitation Compliance Keys to Success
- Oversight provided by Corporate Compliance Officer
- Commitment to upholding Encore Rehabilitation’s Code of Conduct and P&P
- Annual rehab compliance training
- Commitment to enforcement of non-retaliation policy
- Multiple reporting mechanisms
- Proactive auditing & monitoring
- Commitment to continuous regulatory education in collaboration with the Clinical Education Team